A. Overview of Experience and Expertise
Over 30 years of banking professional career with established track record of building and managing international trade and financial institutions business for international and regional banks based in Singapore.
He also set up a new representative office for Qatar National Bank and subsequently upgraded it to a wholesale bank branch in Singapore. He has an extensive network of relationships with corporate and financial institutions within the Asia Pacific region, and he also has corporate funding experience with a large Asian corporate in the natural resources sector.
Correspondent banking responsibility for Asia emerging banks including Myanmar.
Direct experience in setting up international business in a frontier market, Myanmar for many years.
Currently based in Yangon-Myanmar – Senior Advisor to Myanmar top largest local bank.
B. Academic Qualifications and Professional Associations
- Bachelor of Economics, NUS, Singapore
C. Corporate Positions:
- Senior Advisor, top local bank in Myanmar
- First Gulf Bank, Head of Financial Institutions, Singapore Branch
- Asian Agri Group, General Manager Banking Relationship
- Qatar National Bank, Chief Representative & Country Manager, Singapore
- United Overseas Bank, First Vice President, Financial Institutions, International Trade Services and Remittances
- Chase Manhattan Bank, Second Vice President, Operations & Systems
D. Commercial Businesses
- Strategic Partner – for 3E in Cambodia, Indochina Markets – Based in Myanmar